One of the downfalls of no garage is inhaling the fumes from our office makeover. The smell of wood stain, polyurethane, and wall paint has taken over our apartment. No worries though, its a warmer kind of cold outside that allows us to open a few windows. Did I mention we had two days of snow this week? Our office is on the verge of complete. Over the last few weeks we have gone through all of Ike’s hobby materials and electronic bits. What a job! The type A in my AB personality is really happy. Here’s whats left:
-finish painting trees on the walls
-glue trim to my desk
-stain and finish Ike’s desk
-drill holes and assemble desk supports
-hang mason jar lighting
I can’t wait until its all finished! Hopefully this weekend. Onto another recipe – this time one of Isaac’s favorites: Bacon Mushroom Chicken.
Bacon Mushroom Chicken
A cooking for 2 recipe. The only thing I did different was use turkey bacon and lite mayo. The honey mustard sauce is absolutely delicious and the chicken was so moist! Isaac says its definitely one of the best things I’ve made over the last few months and possibly ever.
- 2 Servings
- Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 serving equals 586 calories, 27 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 956 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 42 g protein.
- 2 bacon strips, halved
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; set aside. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle both sides with seasoned salt. Brown in bacon drippings. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, mayonnaise, corn syrup and onion; spread 1/4 cup over chicken. Top with bacon and mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with remaining honey mixture.