Chocolate-Drizzled Strawberries Cream Pie
An Our Best Bites recipe. I made this for a Fellowship of Christian Graduate Students dinner last Saturday. It was sinfully delicious. So so so so good. Its like a lighter no-bake version of cheesecake! As strawberries come into season, this recipe is a must make! Its super fast/easy and looks like you spent hours.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 8-oz. package cream cheese at room temperature (light is fine)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 9″ graham cracker crust
- 1-2 ounces chocolate
- In a medium bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. In a separate large bowl, beat the whipping cream and powdered sugar until medium peaks form. Add about 1 c. of the whipping cream mixture to the cream cheese mixture. Beat until smooth and well-combined. Add the remaining whipping cream mixture and mix until just combined. Spread in the graham cracker crust and refrigerate for a few minutes while you prepare the strawberries.
- Wash the strawberries and cut off the stems. Blot dry with a paper towel and then gently press, cut side down, into the whipped cream mixture. Set aside.
- If using a chocolate bar, break it into equal pieces and place in a small Ziploc snack bag. Microwave for 1-1 1/2 minutes, stopping the microwave every 20 seconds to mash the bag. You want the chocolate to be melted but not hot at all. When the chocolate is melted, snip a corner off the bag and drizzle it over the strawberries. Refrigerate for at least three hours before serving. Serves 8-10.
Here is the link for pictures: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/04/chocolate-drizzled-strawberries-and-cream-pie/