Bacon Mushroom Chicken
A cooking for 2 recipe. The only thing I did different was use turkey bacon and lite mayo. The honey mustard sauce is absolutely delicious and the chicken was so moist! Isaac says its definitely one of the best things I’ve made over the last few months and possibly ever.
- 2 Servings
- Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 serving equals 586 calories, 27 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 956 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 42 g protein.
- 2 bacon strips, halved
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; set aside. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle both sides with seasoned salt. Brown in bacon drippings. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, mayonnaise, corn syrup and onion; spread 1/4 cup over chicken. Top with bacon and mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with remaining honey mixture.